When taking action, we often use liturgies, prayers, declarations or litanies that can be read or performed. Here are some of them:
- Words and prayers for a Zoom prayer meeting – by Melanie Nazareth, with notes on how to run one here.
- A communal Prayer for Climate Grief (a beautifully designed handout – see below)
- A Prayer for Extinction Rebellion – by Helen Burnett (links to Green Christian site)
- Climate crisis confession and lament – compiled by Rev Jon Swales of CCA Leeds download pdf or Word doc
- Three poems for Extinction Rebellion – by Jeremy Williams
- Litany for the Earth (used at the New Reformation action)
- Liturgy of repentance for our part in climate destruction – a liturgy
- A Creation Liturgy – From All Hallows Leeds
- The Joy in Enough Confession – a confession of our complicity in consumerism and climate change.