Christian Climate Action is a prayerful community of Christians supporting each other to take meaningful action in the face of imminent and catastrophic anthropogenic climate breakdown. We are inspired by Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit. Following the example of social justice movements of the past, we carry out acts of public witness, nonviolent protest and civil disobedience to urge those in power to make the changes needed.
Since November 2018 we have worked closely with Extinction Rebellion and have become known as the Christians in XR.
CCA is a movement for adults. Unfortunately you cannot join CCA if you are under 18. If you are under 18, you might want to consider joining organisations such as UK Youth Climate Coalition.
Purpose of Christian Climate Action:
- To raise the alarm about the urgency and scale of the climate crisis facing God’s creation
- Taking meaningful action that is commensurate with the seriousness of the situation
- To communicate the key role that Christians and the church can play in this climate emergency
- To demonstrate the power of non-violent direct action protest in change-making
- To create prayerful spaces for people to emotionally process the effects this climate emergency has already caused to our planet and what it threatens to destroy if we carry on with business as usual.
Read about our Principles and Values