This November world leaders are meeting in Glasgow to talk about the climate emergency.
We will be there to make sure they know it’s an emergency and that we need them to talk the strongest action possible to tackle the problem.
If you’re planning to join us, here’s some useful information. If we’ve missed something you think should be in this blog, let us know.
Coming to Glasgow?
- UPDATE: On Saturday 6th November, Christian Climate Action will assemble at 11am at the University of Glasgow: Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Chapel Corridor (South), West Quadrangle, Glasgow G12 8QQ (the road it’s on is University Avenue. Nearest subway station is Byers Road). 11:15am: prayer, 11:30am: depart for the start of the march. Find out more.
- Dates: COP26 takes places from Sunday 31st October- Friday 12th November
- Join our Saturday Sessions. We’re currently using our online Zoom Saturday Sessions (11am-12noon) to plan for COP26. Bring your ideas and your enthusiasm.
- Join our Telegram Group to receive updates about CCA activity on the ground during COP.
- Book some accommodation! Accommodation in Glasgow is running out fast but you might still find something via Human Hotel.
- Learn about Scottish law. Scotland has a different legal system to England. The Scottish Activist Legal Project (SCALP) have put together this helpful guide and are running this Know Your Rights Training to help you get up to speed.
- Walk with Camino to COP. Walkers set off from London in September and will arrive in Glasgow on the eve of COP6. Camino to COP is organised by XRUK Faith Bridge, an interfaith alliances including people from CCA. Anyone is welcome to join for the day, or longer if you can organise our own overnight accommodation. Lots of people are expected to join the final leg of the journey between Blantyre and Glasgow on Saturday 30th October.
- Join the Earth Vigil. Throughout COP26 there will be a vigil in Glasgow that all are welcome to join. For daily updates on Earth Vigil during COP join the Telegram Chat https://t.me/joinchat/Yu7HOZXqg6U3OGU0
- March on 6th November. On Saturday 6th November at 12pm the COP26 Coalition is organising a march in Glasgow. Find out how CCA is getting involved. Wear your CCA -t-shirt or print the logo and attach it to yourself so its visible. We’ll have banners and you can also bring your own.
- Read up on XR’s plans for Glasgow
- Donate to CCA
- Clang for Climate. At 6pm on Saturday 30th October take a pot, pan, bucket , bell or anything else that will make a loud noise, stand on your doorstep and make some noise! If your church has bells ask them to ring them!
- Join a local march on 6th November. There are marches at around 20 locations in the UK. Christian Climate Action will be at the Bristol march (contact CCA Bristol for more information) and the Brighton march (contact CCA Brighton for more information).
- Take part in the online Earth Vigil.
- Organise a local Earth Vigil using the starter pack on the Earth Vigil website.
- Take part in Rebellion of One. Extinction Rebellion is inviting rebels to take part in the biggest ever Rebellion of One action every day at the eleventh hour (11am) during COP26 (1-12th Nov) wherever you are. Sign up to updates about Global Ro11th Hour action.
- Donate to CCA
If we’ve missed something you think should be in this blog, let us know.